A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

danielpereira
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Re: Installation errors

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Dark_Yodada wrote:
Yes my AOE is perfectly working (but not when I have Wars of Liberty installed I think it's normal).
And I tried lauching the age3y.exe and same error : Could not load DATAPY.BAR

Hm, that's really weird, I mean, really really weird.

Which AoE3 version do you have, the CD or Steam one? Also, are you entirely sure that the folder in which you installed WoL also contains the base AoE3 files (that is, are you sure that you did not install WoL in a blank folder?)?
Could you take a screenshot of the folder in which you installed WoL, please?

Dark_Yodada
Idle Settler
Idle Settler

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:54 am

I have the CD version of AOE3 (the basic version).
And here the screenshot even if I'm sure that Wars of Liberty is installed in the AOE3 folder.

danielpereira
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Oh, now I see it... you indeed have no DATAPY.bar, at all... This means that the Patch 1.03 for TAD is not installed in your PC... You can download it for your language at the following link:
http://ensemblestudios.com/gameUpdates_yp.aspx

Although, in order to avoid file replacement, you'll have to reinstall AoE3 and expansions before installing the latest patch. I'm sorry for the trouble!

Dark_Yodada
Idle Settler
Idle Settler

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:12 pm

I reinstalled AOE3 but the patch says that I have a problem with my installation... I think I'm going to abandon...

southcrossguardian
Worker Wagon
Worker Wagon

Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:26 am

Hello
I recently installed the game, cost me a few hours because I followed instructions but even so I came out mistakes, so I started to verify that meant those mistakes, this error appears to you means you must remove that box marked in those files that folder:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Games \ Age of Empires III \ data \ abilities \
remove the read-only and you can install the game and update.
I hope you serve to play and win.

tomT2
Pet Orangutan
Pet Orangutan

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:03 pm

hi,

everytime I start up the modded game I get to the menu everything looks fine wars of liberty title comes up etc. but when I go to do a skirmish map I get this error

xs 0003 could not compile AIloaderstandard.xs  any ideas on what I have done wrong?

UnstoppableStreletsy
Mehal Sefari
Mehal Sefari

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:21 pm

Did you follow all of the steps to install? Typically, everything should work out of the box if you know what I mean. Usually it means that you either installed wars of liberty to the wrong folder if you use steam or there are certian xmb files (stringtabley.xml, protoy.xml, techtreey.xml) that need to be deleted for certain features to work.

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:28 pm

I would recommend a fresh install of Age of Empires 3. then follow the steps in the comment made by paulo.souza at the bottom of this thread http://www.warsofliberty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110
Steam & ESO : CelticCrusader
GameRanger: Celtic_Crusader

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

Koramei
Pet Orangutan
Pet Orangutan

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:37 pm

I just installed and I can't get any of the graphics options/resoltuion to update? I can select new ones, hit okay and the screen refreshes, as though it'd worked, but nothing actually changes. When I go back into the graphics menu, it's still the old settings. 

I can update them fine in the vanilla game.

edit: nevermind, I set it to windowed mode and it started working. 

Gustavo77
Pet Orangutan
Pet Orangutan

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:16 am

Guys, sorry to repeat a subject: I have here the AGE OF EMPIRES 3/ WARCHIEFS and ASIAN DYNASTIES. All originals (ORIGINAL CDs). I did the download of WARS OF LIBERTY, and face problems as some friends in the forum already say: DATAPY.bar and etcs, etcs, etcs, etcs... OK: I did read all the ansewrs, follow all the sugetions, donwload the update software. All in the SAME folder and.... The game starded! Without names, villargers, voices, texts, almost EVERYTHING! I apologize wance more.... BUT can (someone!) help me with somekind of definitve solution?! There is no FLAGS in my "Wars of Liberty", some people does not exist! Like Creeks! And the African Civilization. Just the icons: nothing more. The O.S. is Win 10 Pro 64 bits original, the hardware is a videocard AMD R9 top-of-line, AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T Black Edition, 16 giga RAM Patriot, so... I don`t believe that is a machine problem. I don`t try to reset the Windows. I did not see nothing about in this forum, so.... But I will try. I thank you ALL for any kind of help. I know that is a "old boring matter", and for that... i apologize again, I mean it. But this thing is driving me crazy, mates.... :(

Portuguese> Galera, desculpem por repetir um assunto. Tenho aqui instalados o AGE OF EMPIRES 3, WARCHIEFS e ASIAN DYNASTIES; TODOS de CDs ORIGINAIS. Fiz o download de "WARS OF LIBERTY" e enfrentei os mesmo problemas que todo mundo aqui (e de outros fóruns) como (o famoso): DATAPY.BAR e vários etcs! OK: Li todas as perguntas e as respostas. Segui todas as dicas. Baixei os softwares necessários. O software de update do MOD, um da própria Microsoft (usado para jogos mesmo), e, claro, instalei tudo na mesmíssima pasta. Acontece que o jogo carrega, mas carrega SEM os nomes das novas civilizações, sem o áudio das novas civilizações, sem ALGUMAS das novas civilizações, sem aldeões (isso mesmo: o jogo começa e não há aldeão e o centro da cidade não oferece a opção de fazer mais! sem unidades de guerra, sem algumas bandeiras. Peço desculpas MAIS UMA VEZ: mas alguém poderia me ajudar com qualquer solução definitiva para isto? Qualquer ajuda é bem-vinda. E peço desculpa amolar. Vi que alguns posts são bem velhos. E antes de mais nada: sim: desinstalei o AGE 3 + expansões originais, desinstalei o "Wars of Liberty", reinstalei; usei o upadter do próprio MOD com o jogo DESLIGADO, conferia se jogo oficial + MOD estavam na mesma pasta. Tudo. E está nisso. Só não reiniciei o PC pq não vi lógica nisso nem ninguém citando tal coisa. Sobre o Hardware é tranquilo: AMD R9 top de linha + AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T Black Edition, 16 Giga Patriot. O S.O. é o Windows 10 Pro 64 bits oficial. Quem puder me ajudar.... to num aperto danado. Obrigado gente e desculpem amolar, ok? Sei que é assunto batido.