A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

AlexanderOssio
Mehal Sefari
Mehal Sefari

Re: Updating Wars of Liberty

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Hahaha the hungarian voice really cool!! Habsburg is the austrian-hungary empire now

davidvp
Voluntario da Patria
Voluntario da Patria

Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:58 pm

How can I see the changes that the patch brings? Is there a list? :) 

Christos
Horse Grenadier
Horse Grenadier

Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:05 pm

We are still working on this list! It will be up soon!

davidvp
Voluntario da Patria
Voluntario da Patria

Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Hello! I have some appointments about the changelog for the latest patch. 

I agree with most of them, but have some questions. 

How do the Llaneros aura works now? I didn't fully understand. 

Why coroneles are being nerfed more with every patch? Plague during only 5 seconds is little, even more, at age 4 all units have a big amount of hitpoints so plague won't kill them, not even one, that i have verified, so plague at age 4 (now) would be useless. Villagers are so resitant at that time. While a spy can eliminate an army with many landmines, a coronel cannot even kill 1 unit. So please fix that, clear disadvantage of a tactical unit. Besize, take into account that the reload time of plague ability is like 20-30min. So besize usless is a 1 shot ability during the game. Would be nice if it was on age 3 and a bit more time. Or in age 2 with that few time (just 5 seconds). 

Altough I liked that spies cost now 3 pop, still a lot of them can be made, an army of 21 spies to kill all factories in 1 attack is palusible. But is a good change anyway. Still far more efective than using coronels to burn down factories (now fires are slow).

Another issue is which is the reason to move Private upgrades of USA to age 3. Mmmm from my point of view, USA loses most team matches when rushed, so, movieng theses upgrades to age 3 makes the USA more defenseless against an age 2 battle. 

Returning to coronels, an ability that can be used just once in a game (most games don't last more than 45min) should be good, not useless. I only use coronels when attacked by spies or priests, but now that won't even balance the battle. 

Plague of 5 seconds
Reload time 20min (more or less)
If donde by a coronel, is done by all of them. 

I have some suggestions to balance coronels in order to keep them away from being OP but still being useful. 

First, fire and plague ability when used should be from all of them. I explain myself: when you use plague with 1 coronel, no other coronel can invoque it. But when use fire with 1 coronel, all of them can use them too. So make fire and plague, to be spent for all of them. 

With having just 1 fire for all the coronels, it shouldn't be slow, because all villagers will attack just 1 fire, so make it strong. Having just 1 strong fire, player must search for a good point where to attack. Not the Town Center because is surrounded by villagers who would extinguish rapidly the fire. 

Plague is a one shot ability, so must be powerful, enough to kill an army (just like landmines), and lasting for some 8 seconds. The reload time makes it almost impossible to use twice in a match. Make it available in age 3. 

Coronels have low hitpoints (got nerfed in 1.06) and can only make 16 and cost 400 gold and 4 pop. So they are expensive. Make them have more hitpoints to preserve their lives. The reason is there cannot be more than 1 fire, and cannot be more than 1 plague at the time. So no problem would be there. 

Therefore, spies are much more useful in ages 4 and 5 than coronels (sabotage, stealth, landmines, more hitpoints techs). Are not even worth to train at those ages. 

EDIT: Besize, since 1.06 came out, with coronels with low hitpoints, no one uses them anymore, they die before casting an ability and too expensive to make a lot (400 gold of a coronel is more than 250 from a spy). Instead, spies are abundant on online games. 

EDIT 2: Another issue, in previous patches, USA was forbidden to train miners, because are little grenadiers, it is totally correct. Now USA can only have 7 miners (I always send the 5 miners card on age 2 as my first shipment) just from shipments. If miners can only mine, and their main characteristic is to mine, why now they mine slower? Like a pilgrim. Miners who don't mine fast have no reason to be. 

Why is it OP for miners to mine fast? There are only 5 or 7 miners maximum :/ 
Last edited by davidvp on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christos
Horse Grenadier
Horse Grenadier

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:02 pm

Please, whenever you wish to add something more, and no one has posted in the meantime, edit your post, instead of double or triple-posting. This time, I will fix it for you.

davidvp
Voluntario da Patria
Voluntario da Patria

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm sorry. Thanks Christos :) 

HectorSabe
Worker Wagon
Worker Wagon

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Thanks for killing USA guys. Q_Q

Takatmo Yereoc
Atirador
Atirador

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:49 pm

No problem.

Dr_Roach
Missionary
Missionary

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Uh, when I download the updater, and when I double-click it, nothing happens. How can I tell what version I'm on?
Nothing is truly black nor white, only varying shades of gray...
I can make random maps on request, but nothing too complex. PM me if you want a simple job done.

danielpereira
Topic Author
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:21 am

Dr_Roach wrote:
Uh, when I download the updater, and when I double-click it, nothing happens. How can I tell what version I'm on?

Which windows version are you using? Also, are you sure you have the latest Java version?