A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

Tahattus
Topic Author
Oromo Horseman
Oromo Horseman

Introduce yourself!

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Are you new in Wars of Liberty forums? Have you been in our old forums? Present yourself here, tell where you are from, and what is your favorite Wars of Liberty civilization!

Tahattus
Founder of War of the Triple Alliance modding team

Image tahattus@gmail.com    Contact me: Image Image Brazil for the win! Image

"When are you gonna stop?" - Tilanus Commodor
"Definitely a fun and unique civ that we will never see anything close to in Napoleonic Era 2.21 for the next 40 to 59 years minimum right Tilanus?" - UnstoppableStreletsy

Charger24
Idle Settler
Idle Settler

Re: Introduce yourself!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:17 pm

I'm Charger24; I had an account from years ago on the old forum. I did some minor work for War of the Triple Alliance a long time ago, (before it became Wars of Liberty) mostly with home cities and writing. I also did some even more minor things for Napoleonic Era, the other big AoEIII mod. Once I was involved in an ill-fated spinoff mod entitled The Northern Wars. Aside from some pretty swell Irish and Scottish concept art, flags, and unit design, it was a resounding failure and really hammered home the sheer amount of work required to put something together as huge in ambition as WoL. Cheers to Tahattus, and all the dev team; WoL really is a marvel.

I don't ever play online, so I like the Paraguayans because turtle city, it's great (and easy, because I'm a scrub). But just for raw creativity, I'm a huge fan of the design of the Egyptian and Mapuche civs. I am terrible at playing both though.:/

Ghostwolf
Pet Orangutan
Pet Orangutan

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Hello , my name is Simon.I am 19 year old. I live In France And I love the AOE serie. I play all of this great serie of STR.

I don't download the mod for the present time, butt I see the presentation And I love it, it's the most mod ever for AOE3 and I want to share whit other player.
thank for read.

My favorit civi is France, japan and Iroquois

ps: Excuse the fault, English is not my native language

In
Last edited by Ghostwolf on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello, my name is Stefan. Been a fan of AoE3 for years, have been playing WoL for about 3 months. I love it! Basically takes what made AoE3 so awesome, and just expanded on it, and made it more complex and fun. My favourite nations are French, Japanese, Serbians(Trash storm :D), and Habsburgs. Although, I wanna mess around with the Egyptians

Pardal22
Roto
Roto

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi there, Tahattus. I'm (was) Houdini101 something strange happened to my account so I created this new one. Couldn't PM ~Christo because new members can't send PMs. So could you please communicate him to PM me? I'm planning on getting back to help the team.

About me.
 I've been playing AOE since Rise of Rome. Wotta and now WoL makes AoE3 my everyday anti-stress hobby. The work you guys created here is amazing and for that I'm truly grateful.

(PS: As a passionate brazilian I have to say the African Slave unit hurts me everytime I play. Maybe Researching the Golden Law could "upgrade" them to 'citizens' (Or buying them via the Slave trade being the only way to have them) If I'm not mistaken brazilian black population in slavery status during the time of the Golden Law was of "only" 16% [this in Ricardo Sales and Keila Grinberg's Brasil Imperial].

Ave!

Jutlander
Cassador Montado
Cassador Montado

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Hey! Welcome to our forums!
About the Brazilian slaves: this is a very complex and interesting topic, and I actually talk about it in my ''civ discussions'' thread, you should read it and give us your opinion!

ACN45trooper
Travois
Travois

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello people of the world. You may remember me or you may not remember me from the old forums, as i just quit posting constantly long ago. 
However, i'm here not only hust to say hi but to sincerely congratulate you for such a masterpiece you have created from this project that i have been followed sice time ago. The mod and this new page are just beautiful and after an hour going around I have just amazed about all the details crafted, the smart design behind everything and the huge ambition and love you have to this project. 

My WoL Top 5 civs, including Vanilla and Wotta:
1. Colombians
2. Egyptians
3. Dutch
4. Tupi
5. Habsburgs
A man’s maturity: that is to have rediscovered the seriousness he possessed as a child at play.

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Titan Joker
Gaucho
Gaucho

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi! I'm Titan Joker, most people from the old forums must know me already, but then again let me introduce myself again. I'm from Lisbon -- Portugal, I'm currently studying Business School, as of right now I'm 19 years old. I began playing AoE series when I was young and became addicted for the RTS genre ever since. 

I'm also a modder, you can see my previous project: The XX Century mod (now dead) here, and my current project, moving at a snail's speed here. I'm also helping the WoL team as an intern. Loving this new site and forum and hope it brings wonders to WoL and AoE3 modding!

My favorite WoL civ? Gosh... that's an hard... I really like all of them, while I still hold a little of favoritism to the Hapsburgs and the Zulu.
''If you don't have a Petey pete in your life, then your life isn't worth living''
-Winston Churchill
''WoL stealing Cossacks models in 3 ... , 2 ... , 1 ...''
-Gollum

Tahattus
Topic Author
Oromo Horseman
Oromo Horseman

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Pardal22 wrote:
Hi there, Tahattus. I'm (was) Houdini101 something strange happened to my account so I created this new one. Couldn't PM ~Christo because new members can't send PMs. So could you please communicate him to PM me? I'm planning on getting back to help the team.

Hi. I couldn't find any member with that name, "houdini". Maybe it was in old forum? Anyway, If you want a nickname change, tell me.

Tahattus
Founder of War of the Triple Alliance modding team

Image tahattus@gmail.com    Contact me: Image Image Brazil for the win! Image

"When are you gonna stop?" - Tilanus Commodor
"Definitely a fun and unique civ that we will never see anything close to in Napoleonic Era 2.21 for the next 40 to 59 years minimum right Tilanus?" - UnstoppableStreletsy

Pardal22
Roto
Roto

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:23 pm

No need, thank you very much for your attention!