A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

Soully
Wandering Settler
Wandering Settler

Re: Introduce yourself!

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:16 pm

U-uhm.. Hi! I'm Soully. Heh. Sorry I didn't, uhm, introduce myself before posting, but, uh, nah, I'm just an Age of Empires player. Have been since I was five- it was my first REAL game, AOE II. And I glommed on to AOE III soon after. I used to be an NE fan through-and-through, but I refuse to go down 2.2's path.

Just as such, I used to never like WOTTA. But upon hearing that it expanded to "Wars of Liberty", I was sold almost immediately. More civs, more cultures, more worlds, more time, and on top of that- what seemed to be a healthy respect for the vanilla game, while still adding so much.

Honestly? I have no favorite civs, but the playing of the Balkan civs- while INCREDIBLY sluggish- is super fun. Play Greeks on a water map, and you'll see where I'm coming from. Hehe.

I've only had WOL for about two months, but I love every bit of it. IN terms of my Modding capabilities, though, I really don't do much. I edit sound files, I change leaderheads, I write lines of text in the Stringtable. I hope to one day be good enough to make my own shtuff, but until then, I can only sit back, learn, and play. Hehe!
Hawwo, am Soully!

Christos
Horse Grenadier
Horse Grenadier

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Welcome here Soully, I wish you the best for your modding career!

Soully
Wandering Settler
Wandering Settler

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:55 pm

Thanks! :3
Hawwo, am Soully!

Svarken
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi! I'm 23 years old brazilian graduate in history (focusing in military and economic history of the XXth century), and just started playing the mod some weeks ago and really enjoying it thus far! And while i cant quite pinpoint how i found it, once i say that you guys added not only Brazil, but Brazil as it once was as the empire under the reign of the Pedro II i had to give it a shot, and was really happy to see the Voluntarios da pátria in the game, and chuckled a bit seeing Dom João VI as "the glutton" in the age screen.

Seeing the other Latin-american leaders was quite interesting too, having worked as a researcher a year ago on the Paraguay war(also being born on the day of the battle of the riachuelo, where the Brazilian imperial navy had quite a fight with the Paraguayans, made me interested in the war for quite some time.), or triple alliance war all these faces where fresh on my mind (i would just point out that i think Domingo Sarmiento might fit as a better leader for the argies that Mitre in my opinion, even with his grouchy face, he did plenty during his time as president and as a intellectual before that, just a suggestion! ), also working on a chapter for a academic book about the pacific war, so i definitely took some notice in the Peruvian, Chilean and Bolivian Civs. 

so far my favorite civilization is the Brazilian empire, along with Egypt and the united states, really enjoying the work you guys are doing so far!