A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

Avalancher
Gaucho
Gaucho

Re: Introduce yourself!

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:49 am

Hello everyone. I'm Avalancher, a 23 year old Computer Science nerd who has played Age of Empires 2, Age of Mythology and Age of Empires 3 pretty much since their initial releases. While I haven't created any of my own mods, I have tinkered enough with the code to be able to hopefully contribute some stuff to this project. I love the Japanese and the Tupi. Mainly cause you can do stuff like This. Man I love breaking games!

Antigonius
Missionary
Missionary

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 am

Hi. I'm Anti. I just like AoE3 and am bored. Can't code or mode for shit, but one day I want to become a game designer....and that's all really.

Christos
Horse Grenadier
Horse Grenadier

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Welcome, Anti!

rama.narendra
Roto
Roto

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:19 am

"Hi, I'm Anti and i'm bored"
Nice words xD
Waiting for BBCF on PC...
Still waiting...

Dr_Roach
Missionary
Missionary

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:45 am

Hello! I've already started posting, but like Anti I'm bored. I've been playing Age of Empires 3 since 2007, Age of Mythology since 2005, and Age of Empires 2 since 2001. My interests range from biology, astronomy, and physics to history, philosophy, and psychology. I also play Civilization 4, Minecraft, Starcraft II, and Spore, along with a handful of online games. PC Master Race!My favorite civilizations in the mod are the Paraguayans because a free, expendable army is cool, the Inca except against anything with half-decent artillery or heavy infantry, and anything that's good with native units. I also like the Aztecs and the Hapsburgs.

EDIT: @Avalanche: that would be way more impressive if the Balkan AIs actually did something.
DOUBLE EDIT: Wait, do you have 700+ population? How did you do that?
Nothing is truly black nor white, only varying shades of gray...
I can make random maps on request, but nothing too complex. PM me if you want a simple job done.

Avalancher
Gaucho
Gaucho

Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:13 am

Dr_Roach wrote:
DOUBLE EDIT: Wait, do you have 700+ population? How did you do that?

It involves having a population of 199/200 (comprising of a few Villagers and the rest being Uybassy Archers). You then send the Kaapor Support shipment (9 units x 3 population each = 27 more population, meaning we are now at 226/200). You can then freely activate Scouting Party (Home City Special Button) to send even more Uybassy Archers (which ignores population restrictions). Once you have spent enough food doing this, you activate Ritualistic Mushrooms (Siege Workshop Special Button) to convert every single one of your Uybassy Archers (1 population each) into Pomberos (3 population each). This gets you around to around 700/200 pop. This is not very practical, but it's fun none the less (getting their stats super high is pretty fun too).

PanMaster
Roto
Roto

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:49 pm

Hello Everyone.
I am Panmaster. Age of Empires enthusiast since 1997. I was told I might be able to assist in improving the computer player AI for all these new civs you've created.
It's hard to believe people are still playing AOE3, a game that's soon to be 11 years old.

Dr_Roach
Missionary
Missionary

Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:58 am

Really? I GIVE YOU MY FIRSTBORN SON AS A SACRiFICE!
Assuming you take the challenge of course... The AI might be a bit tough since some of the civs are a bit unconventional for age of empires 3 *cough* zulu *cough* egyptians *cough*. But even a stupid AI is better than no AI for those civs
Nothing is truly black nor white, only varying shades of gray...
I can make random maps on request, but nothing too complex. PM me if you want a simple job done.

Persian_Fusilier
Voluntario da Patria
Voluntario da Patria

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Ehem...!!!
Excuse me Dr_Roach, Can I ask why you choosing this name for your profile?

CarlosParedes
War Hammer
War Hammer

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:47 am

I am from Estados Unidos Méxicanos and my favorite civilization are Mexicans the idea of play Age of Empires III whit my country was very attractive, my name in steam, YouTube, Skype and G+ are "Kikematamitos".