A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

Fireman
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Inca imbalance/overpowered.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:14 pm

I've been playing with Inca's recently and I never even attempted to play against Expert-level bots, because I usually get my ass-kicked on Hard if I play against the native A.I's, but I noticed on Hard I strolled right through them so I'd try Expert and the same thing happened!

You create 40 villagers, get unlimited gold automatically (the trickle seems way too strong), wood from letting them cut down trees and food from farms. which combined with a good deck can just spam units! I train 40 Huaminca units in 3 seconds by building four Ushnu's and just put the flag down in the enemy base. I've seen buildings go down instantly with only twenty Huaminca's attacking a building (their siege attack is extremely high for someone with a spear), which would be okay if they were grenadiers, but they also practically one-hit kill all cavalry and do lots of damage to light infantry.

I've yet to mine any gold (or create a plantation) as Inca, as the villagers already gave giant amounts of gold, so that might be the main problem, but the power of Huaminca's might also play a role.
Last edited by Fireman on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Re: Inca imbalance/overpowered.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Remember, it was Disease that defeated the Inca ;)