A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

davidvp
Voluntario da Patria
Voluntario da Patria

Re: Civs Nemesis

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:53 pm

The Sioux age up so much faster that with the 2 envoys of axe riders they can have 12 free soldiers almost a minute before the Zulu finish aging up. Ok, you can age up faster but at the cost of not having fast army. 

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:10 pm

I am not certain about Paraguay countering Serbia. Maybe in late game, buy early-mid game Serbia has stronger units and can reliably rush and kill Primeros and Acas before they get near them. And once we count in the Schwarzlossen...

UnstoppableStreletsy
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:28 pm

I don't get it though. You get a few free impi anyways and can get a hc shipment of assegai if needed. So why would axe riders make a difference against impi and assegai even if there is 12? If souix send the cetan bow shipment it still wont help the situation since bowman are much better. If the zulu player collects enough export, itzs also possible to send the hollander which will destroy axe riders as well.

I agree that serbia is better than paraguay. I cannot stand a chance against a serbia player who can get upgraded sieman, and hadjuks before I can even get brave primeros and pikes. Does anyone think that bulgaria in its current state is the best late game civ? If we were to condition the map to be one with choke points, I believe that bulgaria could be any civ's nemesis besides columbia, portugal, and ethiopia maybe.

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:32 pm

I agree, Bulgaria late game can just spam Opalchenets shipments and forget about the economy

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Imagine if they get teamed up with a Civ that has a team card for quicker shipments

Jutlander
Mountie
Mountie

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Don't double post.

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Sorry, I have problems when editing. Won't happen again

UnstoppableStreletsy
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:33 pm

Well, the worst case scenario, is to have bulgaria, fortress age with fast shipments, or to have a russian ally who sends team dualing school, and a solid eco. The biggest fear is not the regular infantry, but the massing bonuses of vovoids.

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:10 pm

That as well, but you have Opalchenets + Voivods shipment, and also there is a card for an Opalchenets aura, so the fun doesn't end there

UnstoppableStreletsy
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Bulgaria is so over powered, that I can defeat the best wol players hectorsabe, toledo torano, and elmo with relative ease. Toledo attempted a xbow and pike rush early on but the bulgarian eco carried me to fortress which by that time i already had my vovoids on the field. It only takes one shot to kill a crossboman, pike or rodelero and it only took 10 shots to take out his horse artillery.