A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

Jutlander
Mountie
Mountie

Re: Civs Nemesis

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:02 pm

What did you do on that match? There was apparently a bug going on.

stefan.stefanović
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:52 am

How did you play Bulgaria?
Also, as a good idea on how to nerf her, delete the non-infinite shipment cards

UnstoppableStreletsy
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:17 am

Well I began hunting with 8 strong peasants. Built a hunting lodge and aged up there when i had apporx 14 peasants. I trained peasants at tc and sent infinite 2 peasant shipment through the national age putting peasants on berries, wood, and gold and built market + casern. Aged up at casern while still training peasants and upgrading eco. Got to fortress before everyone else and did my upgrade shipments for peasants, vovoids, and infantry first. Then started the vovoid infinite shipment. By the time toldeo rushed with pikemen, rodelero, and crossbows, I had 6 infantry vovoids, and 3 cavalry vovoids and the infantry could be taken out using three shots but the hitpoints of 1150 gave them durability to withstand the weak attacks while my peasants could defend rodelero rushes in the rear. From then on he would not rush for long periods allowing my vovoids to be shipped constantly with a eco of about 60 peasants 16 on hunts, and the rest on hives, and trees. I didnt actually need my wheat, and strawberry crops by the time he resigned. He sent 60 crossbows at a time with 20-30 pikeman. And at that point the vovoids could take out iinfantry in one hit. I aged up to industrial age while he was still in national age and did research for not vovoid infantry and cavalry boosts and then sent a 11 infantry block from casern along with vovoid shipments. He began using horse artillery to support the 80 crossbow armies he sent. I do not consider the match against elmo to be very valid to check for balancing because I beat him with a non bugged civ such as mexico yesturday plus that was a ffa which doesnt count because in that case I didnt face pressure early on from the russians.

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Well Ottoman and Iroquois could easily be any civs nemisis. Their rush is so fast if performed correctly, not much can stop it. I have tried out nearly all the WOL civs and can't find anyone better at the rush. I would say Brazil are pretty good early game, just because of voluntarios, they may be able to even stop an ottoman rush, maybe iroqouis but that would be harder. I played some online 1vs1s recently, and Brazil is definitely a counter to Canada. Brazil have a good mass early on , Canada are too slow with the wood age up. This would also make Otto,Iroquois and Russia good counters to Canada too. Probably Inca too, though Inca coin bonus is op so they probably do well against a lot of civs.
Steam & ESO : CelticCrusader
GameRanger: Celtic_Crusader

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

Hbalcocer
African Merchant
African Merchant

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Best couple:
  • Colombia and Bulgaria.
But this combination needs skilled players. Paisanos dont need gather food, so, the bulgarian peasants can hunt the huntables near from Colombian base safely, with this,  Bulgaria will have enough food to advance to Capital Age easily, Colombian player has to build markets next to bulgarian TC and defend bulgarian player and itself. Colombians have to struggle with enemies until bulgarians advance to Industrial age lesser than 10 minutes, then Bulgaria eats everything with the "6 opalchenet pobornik" shipment. If the situation is short and it is possible, Colombians can support with food to the Bulgarians, without neglecting the economy.

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

After playing Tupi they could be a tough civ to deal with early on for civs that struggle early game. I was consistently aging at around  4 mins with a 14 vill. Plus as they dont need coin they are simple to macro. Age up very fast colonial and build a forward base and start train archers(forgot their name) and the send the shipment of anti cav guys, you can be in the opponents base at 5 mins with a decent force. They can keep up this early mass quite well early game. The are kinda like Iroquois as they dont need coin to have an army on colonial, simple and effective but strong early on. 

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

UnstoppableStreletsy
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:30 pm

I agree. Tupi can construct every unit in their army without coin (even artillery). I personally invest in raiding parties at the longhouse rather than training from war huts unless I need a specialized army. I discovered that the raiding party is more well rounded when 5-6 longhouses are training them at once. Yet I will use war huts to train blowgunners usually because they are not part of the raiding party. They are strong in late game too with the pombero and blowgunner combo which with numbers can counters anything the enemy trains.

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:42 pm

UnstoppableStreletsy wrote:
I agree. Tupi can construct every unit in their army without coin (even artillery). I personally invest in raiding parties at the longhouse rather than training from war huts unless I need a specialized army. I discovered that the raiding party is more well rounded when 5-6 longhouses are training them at once. Yet I will use war huts to train blowgunners usually because they are not part of the raiding party. They are strong in late game too with the pombero and blowgunner combo which with numbers can counters anything the enemy trains.

I have not tried late game yet with them and didnt really know that raiding party strat. Thanks I will try this out. I have only played some games vs AI so far but they seem like a good and balanced civ. 

Albert Einstein

UnstoppableStreletsy
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:38 pm

Tupi share alot with the french. They both are good beginner civs because of being well rounded and both have new abilities in wol that make them strong for experienced players as well.