A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

UnstoppableStreletsy
Mehal Sefari
Mehal Sefari

Re: Canada Discussion thread !

Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Canadians are one of the greatest civs in wol. Though they have been balanced in areas that needed it (recall those insane mounties not too long ago?) Canadians are a fully supportive team civ and can also defend themselves early on. I find that the best offense/defense strategy is to boom into the capital age and go full metis rebels. Log cabins provide the wood and the starting fur trappers and maybe some pilgrims can provide a steady supply of food. Since your wood income are houses population is not a issue. I also notice that this strategy is also properly balanced because it will not work in unreasonable circumstances such as hand cavalry or mass early artillery units (aspide, grenadier type units). It is also easy in many cases to boom into the industrial age while constantly spawning metis, because food is not required to age and the wood income of 20 cabins at this point are steady, just enough to get into industrial. From here I can do a quick upgrade of my metis and can send the 4 whitworth shipment and start training a few riflemen upgraded if needed or I can stay back and build factories. Molson's brewery, and the western railway are difficult to choose from but I usually can decide on what to use.

CelticCrusader
Topic Author
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:28 pm

UnstoppableStreletsy wrote:
Canadians are one of the greatest civs in wol. Though they have been balanced in areas that needed it (recall those insane mounties not too long ago?) Canadians are a fully supportive team civ and can also defend themselves early on. I find that the best offense/defense strategy is to boom into the capital age and go full metis rebels. Log cabins provide the wood and the starting fur trappers and maybe some pilgrims can provide a steady supply of food. Since your wood income are houses population is not a issue. I also notice that this strategy is also properly balanced because it will not work in unreasonable circumstances such as hand cavalry or mass early artillery units (aspide, grenadier type units). It is also easy in many cases to boom into the industrial age while constantly spawning metis, because food is not required to age and the wood income of 20 cabins at this point are steady, just enough to get into industrial. From here I can do a quick upgrade of my metis and can send the 4 whitworth shipment and start training a few riflemen upgraded if needed or I can stay back and build factories. Molson's brewery, and the western railway are difficult to choose from but I usually can decide on what to use.

I agree with your strategy and this is how I play them 99% of the time(although I have some troll builds ). One thing though, If you go full metis rebel your opponent could easily counter that. I never go for a 1 unit composition with any civ, its just to easy to counter. Metis are great though plus costing wood not coin helps a lot. I go Metis/rifle age 3, then send 2 Napoleons and 12 Foot Guards for a push . 12 Foot Guards is a great shipment resources wise, Its worth 2140 resources , which is great for an age 3 shipment. What does Western Railway do ? Haven't chose that yet always get Molsons Brewery.
Steam & ESO : CelticCrusader
GameRanger: Celtic_Crusader

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

CelticCrusader
Topic Author
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:29 pm

STiLL_UnDeFeATeD wrote:
Are you playing nr20 only?

What ? I hardly ever play nr20. I play supremacy 1vs1 99% of my games.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

UnstoppableStreletsy
Mehal Sefari
Mehal Sefari

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Well usually when going into the capital age, I pick the bank of montreal politician so I start off with 8 spotooners. Then I upgrade the spotooners and train rifleman with the gold if cavalry is being trained. Also I try to boom fast enough that the enemy cannot send a artillery shipment such as 2 napoleons that can threaten my attacking force. Also I am not that worried of a coutner attack because I typically have 4000 wood in reserve for outposts and walls at this point.
I tried using the inquisitor sabotage on Sir Chapo but he became so salty he quit the game and blocked on gameranger for being a noob.

STiLL_UnDeFeATeD
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:23 pm

CelticCrusader wrote:
STiLL_UnDeFeATeD wrote:

Well, If you can get away with log cabin booming while sending a very big eco card when you age up and then go fortress, your opponent must be super  bad.
I asked you if you play nr20 because what you said you are doing shouldnt be possible in a competitive 1vs1 game with equal opponents.

CelticCrusader
Topic Author
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:12 pm

STiLL_UnDeFeATeD wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:
STiLL_UnDeFeATeD wrote:

Well, If you can get away with log cabin booming while sending a very big eco card when you age up and then go fortress, your opponent must be super  bad.
I asked you if you play nr20 because what you said you are doing shouldnt be possible in a competitive 1vs1 game with equal opponents.

I still build units to defend obviously, plus with Canada you can easily drop a few outposts and walls. Although I would not play like this vs all civs, in fact against some strong rush civs I wouldn't play Canada at all. Obviously this is a greedy build , but its great if you can get away with it. 

Albert Einstein

CelticCrusader
Topic Author
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:09 pm

RIP Canada :(   Maple syrup card to 0.63 trickle and log cabin trickle down to 0.2 per second. Poor Canadians. lol . Ok being serious now they needed a nerf, lets see how this changes their play. 

Albert Einstein