stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Re: Best nations for specific strategies

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:19 pm

Antigonius wrote:
Oli.t678 wrote:
I feel like Tupi is a good beginner civ, since you only need to worry about 2 types of resources, which makes it much easier to manage the economy. Newer players don't tend to use market all that much anyway, so they don't have to worry about some of the negative side of having no gold.

Funny that, cause my first experience with AoE3 (as Dutch) was essentially "FUCKING WOOD, WHY IS THERE SO LITTLE OF YOU, AAARRRGHHHH!" and shift-cliking that market and selling food)
I personally think that Paraguay is the best civ for beginners - everything is automated! Literally.

Hmm, personally I think that Paraguayans are deceptively easy. They can defend, but they require a lot of handling to handle always reaching population limit. The only thing that makes Strelets viable for Russians is their range. Primeros don't even have that.

Antigonius
Missionary
Missionary

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:26 pm

stefan.stefanović wrote:
Hmm, personally I think that Paraguayans are deceptively easy. They can defend, but they require a lot of handling to handle always reaching population limit. The only thing that makes Strelets viable for Russians is their range. Primeros don't even have that.

That's why there's a delete button. But to be honest - I use the IRL paraguayan strategy of rushing with Cavalry first (or at artillery), while Primeros are in support. With my strategy, I usually have them both buffed with two cards by Age 2, so they are pretty good against rushes and most of the artillery spams...long-ranged cannons are still a bitch though. And in Age 4 the enemy usually can't kill them fast enough - cause two stables/barracks are birthing them, and that's not mentioning the Cohetes or a shitload of opryskis or any other immigrant)

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:29 pm

So you rely on massed units. Which immigrants do you suggest?

Antigonius
Missionary
Missionary

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:39 pm

I rely on a Age 4 Blitz, preferably, right after I countered their attack on my base - In my experience there are few civs that can quickly replenish their numbers after that and militia/warriors are usually worthless against tier 3 Primeros/Aca/Cohete charge with 2-3 buffs via cards and/or natives.
Well, until level 40, polish (If I remember correctly) skirmishers are good cause ranged. After that, I usually use Opryskis, cause they are good at destroying buildings, especially main ones. I usually just skip the barracks and destroy towers, main halls and every villager I can find)

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:21 pm

stefan.stefanović wrote:
A top contender, Bulgaria! Mass 40+ voivods and laugh as your enemy cant even make a scratch on your 50k HP 10k attack Infantry voivods

Such a broken civ. Its a civ with cheat units . Actually pretty lame playing them online . 
Steam & ESO : CelticCrusader
GameRanger: Celtic_Crusader

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

Jutlander
Mountie
Mountie

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:26 pm

That Voivod abuse is awful. Thank god we are getting rid of it easily.

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:39 pm

Jutlander wrote:
That Voivod abuse is awful. Thank god we are getting rid of it easily.

Noooooooo, I loved the 60k HP voivods :'(
And maybe it is not so bad. Just make the Age 3 shipment into 1+1 instead of 2+1. It only gets absurd when you have 40+ voivods, this way if you let Bulgaria send 40 shipments, then you really deserve to lose

Jutlander
Mountie
Mountie

Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:18 am

Voivods will no longer affect other Voivods.

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:14 am

That seems actually fair