A free fan-made modification for Age of Empires III

Jutlander
Cassador Montado
Cassador Montado

Re: Best nations for specific strategies

Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Slave trade is hard to manage. Also, getting raided is PAINFUL for Brazil.

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Unskilled players will most likely overwhip their slaves, can be troubling if an enemy unit leaks and starts massacring. I stay with the Chinese and French. Chile can be tricky because of the double units and crate reliance, forcing the player to either micro or waste resources. Out of the latin american civs I'd pick Paraguay for easiest since they have works and free units, allowing for minimal micro

davidvp
Voluntario da Patria
Voluntario da Patria

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:37 am

I must agree with Tahattus that Brazil is a bit hard. I know México is "weak" for some people, but has a normal gameplay, easy to understand for a begginner. Or Chile indeed. 

Tahattus
Oromo Horseman
Oromo Horseman

Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:35 am

I think that slave trade is a complicator... It gets easy if you go the abolitionist though.

Tahattus
Founder of War of the Triple Alliance modding team

Image tahattus@gmail.com    Contact me: Image Image Brazil for the win! Image

"When are you gonna stop?" - Tilanus Commodor
"Definitely a fun and unique civ that we will never see anything close to in Napoleonic Era 2.21 for the next 40 to 59 years minimum right Tilanus?" - UnstoppableStreletsy

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:28 am

Have you considered making whipping a bit more rewarding for Brazil? They get 1% collection rate but lose 20% HP. Kind of unrewarding, since one also invests wood to do so

Jutlander
Cassador Montado
Cassador Montado

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:42 pm

We'd rather not touch Brazil for now, as they are in a good spot.

paulo.souza
Wandering Settler
Wandering Settler

Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Chile is easiest! I'm a good example of this. I played all Vanilla, TAD, Wotta, WoL civs and by far Chile is the easiest. Just because they have double villagers (less micro to do). 
They have an alll around infantary "Civicos" and all units training is very fast since they train in double. The rest is just equal a vanilla nation. 
So... Less micro and less clicks doing Military can make you focus much better in economy. They are by far my favourite.

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Chile is easy, I have to agree. But the works, plus the constant stream of units, it turns from minimal micro to no micro. The units might be weak, but at least they can be cannon fodder, you lose nothing by losing them. Paraguay is the easiest of the latinos if you ask me

LieutenantHardhat
Trapped Settler
Trapped Settler

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Out of the three "two-faced" civs (US, Canada, Aussie), I have noticed that both Australia and the US have rapid-fire artillery capable of complete devastation in large enough numbers.  Out of the Pom-Pom AA gun and the Gatling Gun, I'd have to go with the Pom-Pom. [At this point in time] it has a slightly higher ROF and no reload time.  It just keeps spitting out flak like there's no tomorrow.  Have a line or two of these at your disposal alongside things to protect them from harm, and the Australians become complete and total lawnmowers.

davidvp
Voluntario da Patria
Voluntario da Patria

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Unless they face some Greek artillery with greater range :P  Or spies. Or Batidores. Or OP range cavalry.