LieutenantHardhat
Trapped Settler
Trapped Settler

Re: Best nations for specific strategies

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:04 am

stefan.stefanović wrote:
Or anything invisible, I can imagine ninjas mauling those artillery pieces

davidvp wrote:
Unless they face some Greek artillery with greater range :P  Or spies. Or Batidores. Or OP range cavalry.

That's why you have a bunch of everything else in front of your dakka.  Only problem I'm seeing is if the Greek arty targets the Gatling Guns/Pom-Poms specifically instead of "shoot whatever gets to you first".
Haven't played an official game against Greece, singleplayer Baltic civs are broken and never gone online.

Dr_Roach
Missionary
Missionary

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:55 pm

singleplayer Baltic civs are broken and never gone online.

I haven't played online yet, so enlighten me. Do you mean overpowered (like Bulgaria), or bugged (I imagine the latter)?
Nothing is truly black nor white, only varying shades of gray...
I can make random maps on request, but nothing too complex. PM me if you want a simple job done.

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Rush : 1. Iroqouis : They don't have to gather coin in colonial to get an army, mostly they can gather food, they have aenna for 100 food which is a good bow unit. They get the travois free, so they don't have to gather for a military building.They have a fast age up, with a free travois to use as a forward warhut.  Add to that the warchief aura and their rush at 5 -6 mins with aenna, tomahawk and kanya they can just crush early game. They just easily out mass anyone else early game. 
2. Ottoman : The ottomans have the fastest colonial and fortress times, they can be super strong age 2 and have the best age 2 composition in AOE3, the jan-abus combo. They also have a scary fast fortress timing with janissaries,falconets, and mamelukes. This is at 7-8 mins  which is pretty unstoppable then and its faster than some civs colonial rush . 
Steam & ESO : CelticCrusader
GameRanger: Celtic_Crusader

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:45 pm

After playing with Canada a lot in single player and a few games online, I can see them being a good turtle civ. They have a lot of wood once you built your log cabins to max, and this enables them to re build any lost buildings easily. They can build up a good base with lots of infrastructure fast and the extra trees that you get from buildings also help protect your base. Basically I just boom until I am age 3 at least and have a military advantage with cannons and upgraded units. Then push. If the player unsuccessfully rushed you they are doomed. 

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

Oli.t678
Wandering Settler
Wandering Settler

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:53 pm

I feel like Tupi is a good beginner civ, since you only need to worry about 2 types of resources, which makes it much easier to manage the economy. Newer players don't tend to use market all that much anyway, so they don't have to worry about some of the negative side of having no gold.

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Oli.t678 wrote:
I feel like Tupi is a good beginner civ, since you only need to worry about 2 types of resources, which makes it much easier to manage the economy. Newer players don't tend to use market all that much anyway, so they don't have to worry about some of the negative side of having no gold.

Interesting logic, and I can agree as a two-resource economy makes things far simpler. But, three things kind-of make Tupi a civ for a bit more advanced players. One, two types of settlers. You need to know when to get which type. Two, late game is iffy as they do not have cavalry and are very infantry reliant. Three, a good Tupi player should know how to use the god powers. Nevertheless, a good Tupi player is to be feared

CelticCrusader
Rum Corpsman
Rum Corpsman

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 am

A Team Dream Team. Canada and Britain. The 2 look like they would be a great partnership. Canada need their TEAM Maple syrup(food trickle) and TEAM Dominion(-50% cost for houses and TC) .The TEAM Dominion card would work just like Virginia Company for Brits but better as it reduces the cost of manors more . Age 1 Canada sends the food trickle. Once in age 2, Canada will send TEAM Dominion first, Brits can send a military shipment or crate depending on whats needed. The idea is to manor and log cabin boom, until your economy has steamed ahead of your opponents. Also adding a TC each early will help with this and map control. Canada have so much excess wood that they can easily supply the wood heavy Brits. Once your economy is way ahead and you can train units continuously, you can make a timing push against your opponent. I would usually wait until your in age 3 for this so you can add cannons.

Albert Einstein

stefan.stefanović
Topic Author
Tigray Lancer
Tigray Lancer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:49 pm

A top contender, Bulgaria! Mass 40+ voivods and laugh as your enemy cant even make a scratch on your 50k HP 10k attack Infantry voivods

Antigonius
Missionary
Missionary

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Oli.t678 wrote:

Funny that, cause my first experience with AoE3 (as Dutch) was essentially "FUCKING WOOD, WHY IS THERE SO LITTLE OF YOU, AAARRRGHHHH!" and shift-cliking that market and selling food)
I personally think that Paraguay is the best civ for beginners - everything is automated! Literally.